All these 5 steps will take some 6–8 hours. But the game worth the candle. When holidays will pass by and you'll need to start working — everything will be ready, and only thing to do is to accept calls and requests from customers!!
1. Start from productivity of your website. You can check this with Google Page Speed and Yahoo Slow. Google's Page Speed allows to analyze every page. A green ticket means your website has great performance. An amber triangle or a red circle — your website is in danger, go ahead and start website tuning and optimization.
2. Don't hesitate to waste some time to check SEO for title tags, keywords and descriptions. This helps to increase website traffic as customers will find you in Google or Yahoo much better. Fix any errors and typos you find. Make your website to look professional. These simple actions will lead to more targeted contacts and sales.
3. The greatest free tool for any analytics is Google Analytics. It lets you check any website statistics. This allows to see from where you get your visitors and what pages they read. It gives the possibility to find out most popular products or services. You don't need to be an expert in order to use the Google Analytics. It takes only a few seconds to create an account. You will receive a snipped of code. The next thing you need to do is to place the code on your website. Ask Yvelious web design bureau to paste the tracking code on every page you wish to check.
4. Submit the XML sitemap to Bing — a new search engine. This step helps to improve website optimization and increases sales. Also you need to remove any errors from your website — we're speaking about broken links. Every little thing matters when time to boost your business comes. A professional website always leads to more customers who need your services.
5. Website backup, don't forget! The backup process takes some time to complete. And in case if something bad happens to your hosting server, you are able to update your website in a day. Choose all the files you need to save.